UMC 2017 • Registration
Economical, Technological and Environmental Aspects:
Cooperative Solutions For Future Deep-Sea Mining
46th Underwater Mining Conference
September 24 through 29, 2017
Federation of German Industries (BDI)
Breite Straße 29
Registration and Guest Function Fees
REGISTRATION will be open soon.
Registration Fees (Deadline July 31, 2017)
Several items in the UMC fee schedule below are discounted for current members of the International Marine Minerals Society (IMMS):
- Corporate Fee: 895 USD. The corporate fee covers the welcoming reception, technical sessions and materials, lunches (note: breakfast is provided according to your room reservations at the Hilton Berlin), UMC Banquet, membership to IMMS for 2018 and recognition in media promotions.
- Regular Fee: Member USD 535, Non Member USD 595. The regular fee covers the welcoming reception, technical sessions and materials, lunches (note: breakfast is provided according to your room reservations at the Hilton Berlin), UMC Banquet, and membership to IMMS for 2018.
- Single-Day Fee: Member USD 435, Non Member USD 495. This entitles the participant to one technical session on September 25 or 26, which includes conference materials, lunch, and membership to IMMS for 2018.
- Student Fee: USD 435. The student fee includes the welcoming reception, both technical sessions and materials, lunches, the UMC Banquet, and membership to IMMS for 2018.
- Geotechnical Field Tour Fee: This tour starts on Wednesday, September 27 and runs through Friday, September 29
Cost per person: USD — details coming soon
Includes: bus transport and guide, hotel, entry fees, some meals, and field guide.
- Late Fee: A late fee of USD 50 is assessed for those registering after July 31, 2017.
Guest Fee Options (Deadline July 31, 2017)
Guests and spouses of UMC participants are welcome to join a Spouses Day Tour, the UMC banquet, and the geotechnical field tour (at additional cost).
Spouses Day Tour
Tuesday, September 26. If you are interested in a casual day tour of interesting venues nearby, including a nice lunch, please inquire with the Conference Coordinator.
UMC Banquet — Hilton Berlin
Tuesday, September 26, evening: USD 80. Guests and spouses are welcome to join UMC participants in the conference banquet. It will be a time to engage with colleagues and enjoy the fine cuisine of Germany, a special banquet address, and evening ambiance.
[ Top of this page ]
The deadline for UMC Registration is July 31, 2017. Late registrations will incur a late fee of $50. Registration for the Geotechnical Field Tour and other functions after the deadline is not guaranteed.
Payment by Visa or MasterCard credit cards should be completed online at www.underwatermining.org. For wire transfers to IMMS (International Marine Minerals Society) please contact the Conference Coordinator for information.
Refunds (less USD 50 processing fee) will be allowed for written cancellations (email or fax) received by the Conference Coordinator by August 31, 2017.
- Technical Program Chair
- Dr. Robert Goodden, President
International Marine Minerals Society
- Technical Program Co-Chairs
- Professor Peter Halbach
- Dr. Thomas Kuhn, BGR
- Professor Andrea Koschinsky
- Technical Program Host
- DeepSea Mining Alliance (DSMA)
- Conference Coordinator
- Karynne Chong Morgan
- University of Hawai‘i
- 1000 Pope Road, MSB 303
- Honolulu HI 96822
- Tel: +1 808.956.5095
Mobile: +1 808.295.9418
[ Top of this page ]