UMC 2017 • Focus and Call for Papers
Economical, Technological and Environmental Aspects:
Cooperative Solutions For Future Deep-Sea Mining
46th Underwater Mining Conference
September 24 through 29, 2017
Federation of German Industries (BDI)
Breite Straße 29
The 46th Underwater Mining Conference is presented by the International Marine Minerals Society in partnership with the University of Hawai‘i, and the DeepSea Mining Alliance (DSMA). We will continue the well-tested format of the conference, which brings together world leaders from government, academia and industry to exchange information and ideas on underwater mining.
Our technical focuses in 2017 are the economical, technological and environmental aspects of cooperative solutions for future deep-sea mining. It will be an exciting conference for the next commercial, technological and environmental developments regarding deep-sea minerals, deep-sea mining and metallurgical processing of marine mineral resources.
Call for Papers
We welcome presentations that examine the quantitative extent and potential commercial technological and environmental viability of future deep-sea mining projects as well as those that address the important issues related to environmental assessment and protection. As always, other timely and significant topics related to marine minerals are also welcome.
Please submit your abstract by email to the UMC Conference Coordinator. A general UMC 2017 Abstract template (Word .docx file) is provided to assist you with the following format:
- Title of Presentation
- Author(s) Name, Title, Affiliation, Mailing and Contact Information
- Format and Length: WORD document (.docx preferred), not to exceed 10 pages, including figures and tables.
- Biographical Sketch of Principal Author and Speaker: ½-page narrative and portrait photo of each.
- A list of keywords
- Preference for an oral (~20 minutes) or poster presentation
- A statement providing your permission, or not, to archive the abstract (PDF) with OneMine.org (digital library for minerals and mining) at the conclusion of the UMC.
Please submit your abstract by email to the UMC Conference Coordinator. The deadline for submission is April 30, 2017. The selection of presentations will be completed by June 15, 2017.
[ Top of this page ]
For commercial exhibits, please contact the Conference Coordinator for information.
- Technical Program Chair
- Dr. Robert Goodden, President
International Marine Minerals Society
- Technical Program Co-Chairs
- Professor Peter Halbach
- Professor Andrea Koschinsky
- Conference Coordinator
- Karynne Chong Morgan
- University of Hawai‘i
- 1000 Pope Road, MSB 303
- Honolulu HI 96822
- Tel: +1 808.956.5095
Mobile: +1 808.295.9418
[ Top of this page ]